Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Poetry - Possessed


Across the sea…
in the blue end be
a little solace …
in a lonely place
with trees so dark
with glowing bark ..
leaves which glisten
as I listen
sounds of heart
pounding so fast
as I cross
roads so crass
leading to an end
then having a bend
as I walk
the lonely path
I shun the world
purge the mind
drew the blind
as I kneel
over the pond
and plucked some water
between my palms
and in it were you
looking at me .

I turned behind
only to find
a distant hill
beyond the chill …
and I rushed
with all my might
having the distant
knoll in sight
trees cried
so did the sea
don’t go, don’t go
O! wanderer knight
but possessed I was
with your only sight
I jumped the tree
and crossed the sea
only to find
everything but thee
and I sat
gasping for breath
as I longed
a little solace

in a lonely place ……

No comments: